Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I slept 8 Hours

ATTENTION WORLD: I slept 8 hours...straight. That's a full night's sleep, I think. What's the recommended daily dosage of z's? (Excuse me while I google it...)

search: recommended sleep in a night (i totally spelled r-e-c-o-m-m-e-n-d-e-d wrong the first time... "Did you mean... " Yes google, I DID mean that. Thank you!)

first result-http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles/sleep-recommended-hours.asp Uhhh? Former fat guy? Did he sleep alot? BOUNCE.
CLICK
CLICK
New Search
CLICK
8 hours. "They" say 8 hours. Who is they? No idea, it could be "former fat guy" but I'm satisfied with my answer. (I was just clicking until I found a link that agreed with what I already thought I knew....not really looking for a scholarly resource. Isn't that how we all search..?)

So, back to what I was saying- I slept 8 hours! Praise the lord! (or the flying spaghetti monster, we all have different beliefs...) It was the greatest feeling ever. I came home from my "Run for your life" night run through downtown Mt.Clemens, ate some food, watched "Keeping up with the Kardashians" with my sis, then tucked myself into bed. I went to sleep around 12 and woke up at 8. I realized at that point that I hadn't set my alarm for swim and I was DAMN HAPPY about it too! Woo. I went to the shop around 11:30, worked until 2:30/3ish then started a BRICK.
Run. Bike (picked and awesome course!). Run. Bike.Run.Bike. I got about 12 miles on the bike in, and 3.75 run miles before everyone arrived for the 5pm ride. Proud moment: I keep my cadence over 90 on the bike. That's rare for me. (the masher...). At 5pm, I started the 90 min ride with the rest of the riders. 30 minute warmup progressing throughout the zones in 5 min intervals, followed by.. FOUR sets of 5:30 Vo2 with recovery. My lowest wattage in VO2 zone is 308. Anything over 300 is scary to me. It hurt. 2 minutes into each set, I turned into the devil. I ground my death and was breathing like I was possessed.

speaking of sleep...I just fell asleep after typing that last sentence. Hit my wall. Get back to ya guys later. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment