I also feel that my inability to define myself for so long is the key to my new life at 20. So many people spend their high school years trying to decide what they want to be and who they want to be with. If they've found a satisfactory lifestyle to answers those questions, by age 20 they usually settle in. Well, I've been very comfortable with the unknown and I find that the less questioning I do, the more answers I get. (I say this out loud because I need to remind myself from time to time.)
Monday, October 5, 2009
Empty profile
I've never been able to type out a profile for myself. Favorite books, favorite movies, "about me"...I just can't seem to define myself. Maybe I'm just taking it too seriously. Do people really judge a book by it's cover? Is my profile my cover? And if so, how can I present myself to be the person I WANT people to view me as. Can I pick an intelligent quote to express my intellectual side, and name a few popular (yet still unique) movies to let people know that I'm still like to have a good time? When it comes to the "favorite books" section, should I type out the titles of the books I have started reading with the hopes of being caught reading them, or my real favorites, even though they may not fare in comparison to the literature mentioned in the former. I'm afraid to update my profile because I'm afraid to stand still. If I put myself on paper (electronically...), It will just be a snapshot of me at that moment. My fear of profile commitment may really just be a fear of settling for the now. I'm always reaching for something more and even though I'm not sure of exactly what it is I want, I know that I'm not done growing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment