- You must have the willpower. When you want to give up, you have to push forward. There isn't a team of people counting on you. You must want to do this FOR YOURSELF.
- Your body usually lasts longer than your mind. The first thing to give up during a race is my mind. During the run I start telling myself, "I just started, no one is expecting me to do well" or "I'm just going to lay down right here and hope that someone comes to pick me up!". Most the time it's just my attitude, and if I convince myself I'm a winner, I'm much more successful.
“Endurance is patience concentrated.”
I am 21 years old.
My Birthday was on Sunday (well, actually saturday at midnight) and I now officially match my USAT age that they write on my leg at every race. Oh, and I can legally drink. I suppose that's important too. I really thought that I'd be more excited but I can't seem to find the ability to fit binge drinking into my training schedule. I did, however, have a great birthday celebration at Bar Louie with many of my closest friends. I had a great variety of shots and mixed drinks and have full memory of the night. I didn't even have much of a hangover. I made Caterina and I blueberry pancakes the next morning!
My Birthday was on Sunday (well, actually saturday at midnight) and I now officially match my USAT age that they write on my leg at every race. Oh, and I can legally drink. I suppose that's important too. I really thought that I'd be more excited but I can't seem to find the ability to fit binge drinking into my training schedule. I did, however, have a great birthday celebration at Bar Louie with many of my closest friends. I had a great variety of shots and mixed drinks and have full memory of the night. I didn't even have much of a hangover. I made Caterina and I blueberry pancakes the next morning!
The man bag
I try to avoid judging and criticizing people that I don't know but I can't help but mention the man bag in this post. I've noticed a very common look among the "I'm not quite old enough to drive" group of young boys in the area. They all seem to be riding mini BMX bikes that are WAY TOO SMALL for their growing bodies and sporting an athletic backpack. You know what I'm talking about, the ones that scrunch shut by pulling the ropes that also serve as the arm straps. The ones that could fold to the size of a coin purse or could be filled up the size of a small piece of luggage... those ones. Yeah, the versatile little man bag. I just want to say, they're not fooling anyone, we know that it is serving the same purpose as a purse! Soon, they'll be matching their bags to their shoes. Heck, they probably already do! Okay...I'm done for now...
I try to avoid judging and criticizing people that I don't know but I can't help but mention the man bag in this post. I've noticed a very common look among the "I'm not quite old enough to drive" group of young boys in the area. They all seem to be riding mini BMX bikes that are WAY TOO SMALL for their growing bodies and sporting an athletic backpack. You know what I'm talking about, the ones that scrunch shut by pulling the ropes that also serve as the arm straps. The ones that could fold to the size of a coin purse or could be filled up the size of a small piece of luggage... those ones. Yeah, the versatile little man bag. I just want to say, they're not fooling anyone, we know that it is serving the same purpose as a purse! Soon, they'll be matching their bags to their shoes. Heck, they probably already do! Okay...I'm done for now...
Ironman Florida November 2010
Should I do it? I'm kind of conflicted right now. I really really really want to do an Ironman, but I wonder if it's a bad idea to start training for an Ironman while I'm trying to start my career. But, just as my teammates have mentioned, when will I ever have the opportunity to do any Ironman with THIS MANY PEOPLE?! Hmmm...
Should I do it? I'm kind of conflicted right now. I really really really want to do an Ironman, but I wonder if it's a bad idea to start training for an Ironman while I'm trying to start my career. But, just as my teammates have mentioned, when will I ever have the opportunity to do any Ironman with THIS MANY PEOPLE?! Hmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment