Monday, May 9, 2011

A Few of My Favorite things...

Hey again, it's me. I've been wanting to post about a few of my favorite things but I haven't had time to organize my thoughts or really decide if I'm comfortable calling them my "favorites". So instead, I'm just gonna write a list of some shit I like (in no particular order).

  • Listerine Whitening mouth wash-I can't remember exactly how much it costs (its not cheap) but it actually works! It good to use on a daily basis and keeps me white between bleaching.
  • Stauffer's Animal Crackers Original- It sounds silly but these are really a great snack. (Especially for athletes) They are just animal shaped carbs and you can eat them by the handfuls without feeling guilty. (serving size is 16 for 120 cals)
  • Green Giant Boxed Veggies- I used to only eat veggies that I bought from the produce market and steamed myself but eventually I got lazy. Instead of giving up on veggies all together, I found these convenient single serving (really 2 servings but not in my world). They steam in a bag and they're usually only a dollar at Meijer. Oh, and they're delicious.
  • Ruko Box- Instead of cable, I bought a Ruko box that connects wireless internet to my television. I have stations like Hulu, Pandora and netflix. I rarely watch television shows and find myself using it more and more for Pandora (no commercials-for free!). Ruko box is a one time fee. I pay $7 a month for Hulu plus but could probably survive w/out it. Suck it comcast!
  • Poolmate Swim Watch- Lately I've been doing long continuous swims and this lil' guy is comes in handy when you're too lazy to count your yards. Sometimes I just start swimming, then looking down 40 lengths later and realize I did 1000 yards while daydreaming.
  • Contigo Travel Mug-I can put my coffee mug upside down in my purse without and worries about it spilling. I can't tell you how many GALLONS of coffee that have been spilled in my car prior to receiving this mug as gift from Trish. If you don't have one, get one, it will change your life.
  • Foam Roller- Foam rollers are cheap and are great for self massage. I love to use it for my IT band, my glute pain, my quads, my shoulders...okay, pretty much everything.
  • Trader Joes Frozen Turkey Meatballs- I don't eat much meat but lately I've been adding these to my pasta. They're pre-cooked and take like 4 minutes to heat up (not too fancy, but works for me!). They add some excitement to the 8 servings of pasta I consume a week. And the protein makes me feel full.
  • The Law of Attraction: The Teachings of Abraham- This book changed my life. But I must warn you 1)It starts off pretty weird and I was a little apprehensive to continue reading. 2)It will teach you how to start focusing your attention on attracting what you want. However, if you've been living a life without structured thinking, all of the unplanned chaos in your life will have to get ironed out before you can have what you want. It warns that it takes time before you are fully awakened. 3)If you're not open-minded, you'll just read this whole book thinking "this is a bunch of bullshit".
  • Featherbed Mattress Topper- I'm only adding this to the list because I'm sitting in bed and it has been argued that I may just have the most comfortable bed on earth. That's because I sleep on a layer of down and feathers with a layer of down and feathers covering me with my head in a pillow of down and feathers. Hopefully there aren't any animals rights activists reading this. Get the topper, and get a good one, I like this bed more than my waterbed and who doesn't LOVE a waterbed?!
  • Newton Running Shoes-They're lightweight, built for midfoot striking, HOT PINK...need I say more? I've been running in Newtons since I learned to run (going on 2.5 years now!). I tried to switch out of them because they're so damn expensive but I tore up my legs. I've gone through about 7 pairs of newtons already and will probably go through another 77 (or start running barefoot more often). I'm hooked, I love them.
  • Mumford & Sons-Sigh No More Album- This album fit perfectly with my life when I downloaded it. I listen to it over and over again and am not sick of it yet. I really like the song "Dust Bowl Dance".
  • More Trader joe favs: Naan, Oh my Omega trek mix, crumbled feta, crumbled Gorgonzola, clifs bars and luna bars, Crunchy peanut butter oat bars, Banana crunch cereal, Organize Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce, Blueberry jam, Spinach tortillas, mushroom turnovers, Spinach Artichoke dip, Roasted plantain chips, whole grain british muffins. And a thousand more things. I need a part time job there just for the discount.
Alright, that's the officially unofficial May 2011 List of Some Shit I like. You may be wondering what possessed me to write this blog, well, the same reason you're probably going to hate me for writing it- I've had The Sound of Music's "My Favorite Things" stuck in my head for like 5 days now! See below if you'd like to ingrain it in your noggin for a week as well.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

No comments:

Post a Comment