Sunday, November 15, 2009

Road to IRONMAN

I spent last weekend in Panama City, Florida in a sea of triathletes. Usually this city is a popular spring break spot, but this weekend it was all about IRONMAN! I volunteered in transition and handed pro athletes their bikes! I loved being involved in the excitement of the event. After the race was over, I slept a few hours before I woke up and registered for IMFL 2010. What am I thinking? Yeah, anyone can sign up, but will I survive? Oh jeeze... let the games begin.

This was my first official week of IM training.
I trained for 16 hours. Here are my totals.

Swimming Yards
7675

Biking Miles
75.46

Running Miles
29.88

Notes:
  • I ran to a podcast of music the other day. You pick the playlist based on your intended heartrate. I ran to 150bpm for about 40 minutes. The music was just a beat, pretty techno-y but I liked it and I never stopped.
  • I ran alot more than usual and I'm starting to like it. I'm also realizing how much I love my Newtons. I think i'm a Newton runner now. Just wish they weren't so expensive.
  • Many athletes are asking about nutrition. I'm making it my mission to perfect my diet. I don't want to be hungry 24/7! Gotta be smart about this.
  • I'm semi-excited I'm doing longer distance races. Sprints were HARD! Some people never get their heartrate to 200...I did every freakin weekend.
  • Swimming is feeling better. My ribs are almost heeled! However, I realized today that I don't kick. Is that normal?
  • I'm ready to try swedes. All the cool swimmers use them..
  • I want the swim MP3. Who wants to buy it for me?
  • Just signed up for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. It's a 10k. My first 10K race! Wahoo. Just 20 miles short of the marathon I'll be running in my IM next year. I should get used to this... quick.

More updates soon.

Happy Training. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment