- I'm currently listening to Adam's latest music mix. The song that just came on has great potential for becoming this week's favorite. Kasabian-Underdog.
Yesterday(Sunday-Father's Day)
Ohhhh dad...
I volunteered to work a double on Father's Day. Many people have asked me why and I haven't thought of a good enough reason yet. I'm pretty bitter towards my dad lately. I grew up resenting the man, then managed to forge a relationship based on sarcasm and eating. Yeah, that's right. I cooked, he ate. Of course the man was going to like me if I cooked for him. Eventually, when he became less and less satisfied with his life and I became more and more happy to be alive, we grew apart. I think that as my intelligence grows, I have a hard time respecting the man. Usually this is the point when you learn to respect their life experiences and look to them for guidance in situations that arise out there in the "real world". Well, this man hides from the real world and I've been finding that as long as I go into a new experience with an open mind and desire to learn, I'll be okay. I don't advice from anybody, because usually, advice from a non-reputabal source usually results in unnecessary fear. God, I really hate when I start talking about my parents. I am VERY happy to have lived the life I've lived growing up. The bad experiences have made me stronger and helped me grow into the independent 20 year old girl that I am today. No hard feelings.
Working in a torture chamber...
I've worked at DQ long enough to know that I can't let a bad day at work effect anything beyond the hours within those sugary walls. My bosses were upnorth and the air wasn't working. It was Sunday. The air broke on Friday while I was working. What's that smell? Where is that smoke coming from? I really didn't expect the air to still be broken and I really doubted that any business owner would really leave their managers and employees to suffer in such a sticky environment for 13 hours on a holiday when it's 80 degrees outside, but I guess when you can just disappear to "up north" it's easy to forget about the problems you've left behind. Thanks again guys. I was miserable. I also had to make the schedule for both stores. Did I mention that today was SUNDAY? Yeah, it slipped her mine. Not only did I have to make the schedule, I had to give myself less hours to someone she believes has more seniority. Apparently seniority is only measured by start date. We don't take into account if you quit 5 times, only work summers and openly admit to not being a hard worker. Did I mention they're family?
No comments:
Post a Comment