Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What I won't miss about Dairy queen

What I won't miss about Dairy queen

-The creepy guy we call "dent head" who touches your hand for an uncomfortably long time when handing you his money.

-Hiding in the "safe zone" of the cameras which is approximately 18"x12".

-Customers that start their order with "I need...". You don't need it. No one needs ice cream.

-The people that ask for frozen yogurt, then order a large blizzard after they find out we don't have it. "hey, if I'm gonna cheat, why not go all the way"

-Fudge smeared on my arms especially in the crease where my elbow bends.

-Sneezing rainbows after spending the day airbrushing cakes.

-Boston coolers exploding unexpectedly in the blender. Vernors running down your leg.

-The coffee pump getting backed up and leading to a blinding shot into your eyeball on the first pump of your Moolatte.

-Looking at the nutrition info, knowing that ice cream is terrible for you, but still eating it. Every single day.

-The parents that order a small but let their overweight child get a large. Sure, he's happy now, but you're slowly KILLING HIM!

-The ice cream popping and people going "whoa! What was that?! Oh boy". I'm sorry, it's not amusing to me, it happens all the time.

-"brownie BLadder blizzards" You're not the first to say it like that.

-When you're in "the zone" and trying to act serious, then slip, almost wiping out with your face in the sprinkles because the floors are so damn slippery.

-Customers that start a phone conversation instead of starting their order.

-Teenage girls with boobs touching their chins and makeup 6 layers deep. Oh, and the poof. Why the hell is your hair that high?

-Teenage boys that park their mini bikes outside the store, walk in with their drawstring backpack, then talk to me like I'm an idiot. Kid, really?

-Hearing myself say things like "have a good one, have a great day, how are you?, how's the weather outside?" in my monotone unenthusiastic voice.

-The radio station in the lobby. It always sucks.

-The awkward interactions with the super sweaty delivery drivers when you're at work all alone.

-Seeing people you know Who have succeeded in life. Yes, I still work here.


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Sneezing rainbows actually sounds kinda cool;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you forgot GETTING ROBBED.

    ReplyDelete